TOOL AND DIE MAKER - 3rd Shift
IN MUSKEGON, MI
SCHERDEL Sales & Technology, Inc., located in Muskegon, MI since 1999, with a Metro Detroit
office in Brighton, MI, is a subsidiary of SCHERDEL GmbH, located in Marktredwitz in the state of
Bavaria, Germany. We are currently managed by the fourth generation of the founding family with
sales and manufacturing activities at 42 sites in various European countries, North and South America and in
Asia. SCHERDEL is strongly value driven and has a long track record of caring for our associates in many ways.
Scherdel is seeking an experienced Journeyman Tool & Die Maker to join our team for an off-shift position. This role commences with training on our 1st shift, allowing for a comprehensive understanding of our processes and workstation familiarity. We are in search of an individual who excels as a team player and demonstrates flexibility in their work hours. The ideal candidate should be open to a split shift from 8:00 pm to 4:00 am, with a planned transition to full-time 3rd shift (11:00 pm to 7:00 am) within the first year.
- Reads and interpret blueprints, hand sketches or works from verbal/written instructions or from the part to be copied or fitted
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools (such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, adjusting as necessary
- Enters accurate tooling records into the company forms, maintaining records of maintenance and related tooling information
- Performs duties autonomously and pays attention to detail; offers flexibility and willingness to work overtime if necessary
- Ability to work in Metric or make necessary conversions
- Assists Toolroom supervisor in any additional projects as needed
- Works according to Scherdel’s quality and environmental system requirements, and customer quality requirements
- Journeyman Tool and Die certification or equivalent experience required.
- Three to Five years of tool room experience preferred.
- Tool and Die stamping experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, hand sketches, or works from verbal or written instructions.
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance benefits begin on first day of employment.
- Eligible for 80 hours of PPTO after 3 months, employees are able to rollover 240 max hours on anniversary date.
- 401(k) with a 5% match, employee's are eligible to enroll after 6 months of employment.
Please contact +1(231)777-6104 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for all hiring inquiries.
We are looking forward to your application!