IN MUSKEGON, MI
SCHERDEL Sales & Technology, Inc., located in Muskegon, MI since 1999, with a Metro Detroit
office in Brighton, MI, is a subsidiary of SCHERDEL GmbH, located in Marktredwitz in the state of
Bavaria, Germany. We are currently managed by the fourth generation of the founding family with
sales and manufacturing activities at 42 sites in various European countries, North and South America and in
Asia. SCHERDEL is strongly value driven and has a long track record of caring for our associates in many ways.
Provides leadership to the supply chain team. Areas of responsibility include the management of materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services. Planning Manager will collaborate with the Manufacturing Manager to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, in accordance with customer needs
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes to improve efficiency or performance
- Controls and define inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Ensures customer requirements are met (including customer specific systems, returnable handling, etc.)
- Mentors the daily production planning team by interacting internal with the production and external with customers
- Maintains the plantwide capacity overview, using Scherdel systems
- Entering and monitoring customer demand with the planning team
- Understands committed capacities to the customers and initiates actions with cross functional teams in case of deviations of such
- Maintains active communications with customer representatives
- Regular analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage and communicate such trends with management
- Monitors customer systems such as, Covisint, supplyOn, etc. in regards to releases
- Works according to Scherdel’s quality and environmental system requirements, and customer quality requirements
5 years of supply chain/logistics coordination, required
Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred
- Analytical or scientific software
- Data base user interface and query software
- QAD/ERP software experience
Please contact 1(231)777-7774 or email email@example.com for all hiring inquiries.
We are looking forward to your application!